For all eAgents accounts that had blank “Title, Keywords, and Description” sections, there are now default keywords added for you.
We want you to succeed, and we want potential clients to find your website easily through search engines. We understand that certain features may be “foreign” to some of our users, and may be a little intimidating to tackle. But we hope that providing some content for you will help you through the learning process.
Feel free to modify the keywords! There is no messing up on this section. If you want a word removed, go ahead and use your “backspace” key to your hearts content. Need a word added? Type away! Just make sure to separate your words with commas. The words you enter in do not have to be in any particular order. Enter the words that come into mind.
For those of you that entered your own keywords: don’t worry! They are all still there.
In case you would like to learn how to add keywords, or modify the default ones, here is a step by step!
Site Keywords & Description (Search Engine Optimization)
- Title – The title of your website.
- Keywords – Including “keywords” on the main page can help your site be found more easily. A “keyword” is any term or phrase that a person types into a search engine to find what they are looking for. Simply put, Search Engine Optimization (or SEO) is achieved by adding key words and phrases to your site so that search engine “spiders” (or programs) find and catalog them for future use.
- Description – Briefly describe your website, and highlight its contents.
- Start by clicking the “My Website” tab
- Hover over “Site Settings”
- Click on “Keywords and Description”
- Enter your site title, keywords, and description.
- Don’t forget to click SAVE!